Lead

Feb 28 13 8:39 AM

Tags : :

Hello all:  I'm new to a Pesco diet.  I recently switched over to vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes and fish as I have had 2 heart attacks in the past 4 years and I am only 37 years old.  I wanted to lose weight and lower my blood pressure, and make my cholesterol levels better.  I was one of those eat everything with meat kind of people, but so far on this new diet I am doing well and actually craving veggies.  I educated myself on all of the crap most Americans eat from watching several documentaries including "Food Matters, Hungry for Change, Fat Sick and Almost Dead, and Forks over Knives".

So here is my question:  I eat fish at least twice daily.  Normally Tuna and Salmon and Squid.  But I will eat any other fish too.  I can not seem to find any actual studies on mercury poisoning and eating large amounts of fish.  I did find some interesting facts about the "Mercury Scare" from the anti coal power plant people.  I see things from both sides of the fence, but there is nothing out there with actual numbers.  More or less, just a bunch of newspaper articles trying to scare people from eating fish.  I also can not find any data or information linking deaths attributed to eating fish and mercury poisoning.  Can any one point me in the right direction of some actual real studies?